Acne isn’t just for teenagers. In fact, adults can have acne too! If you are suffering from painful, unsightly acne, you can get relief. Here at Choice Dermatology, your dermatologist, Dr. Marc Meulener, offers a wide range of skincare services including treatment for acne. With two convenient office locations in Basking Ridge and Elizabeth, NJ, read on to learn how Choice Dermatology can help you!
More about Acne
There are several forms of acne including blackheads, whiteheads, and painful cysts. While you may be tempted to pick or pop these acne blemishes, doing so can spread the bacteria to other areas of your face. You may then be tempted to just leave acne alone, hoping it may go away on its own. However, this can just cause the issue to remain, and perhaps even grow worse.
The best course of action is to seek out professional acne treatment from your dermatologist. At Choice Dermatology, your Dr. Meulener may recommend:
- Benzoyl peroxide products to treat mild cases of acne; benzoyl peroxide unblocks pores and helps clear up small blemishes like blackheads or whiteheads.
- Antibiotics in oral or topical formulations; antibiotics clear up the underlying bacteria causing your acne.
- Isotretinoin products to eliminate cystic acne; isotretinoin is a great solution to clear up severe acne.
- Laser light therapy to create clear skin; this treatment reduces acne bacteria to help clear your skin.
- Chemical peels to eliminate blackheads; chemical peels are also useful in resurfacing skin to minimize acne scarring.
For more information about types of acne and acne treatments, please visit the Acne section on the Choice Dermatology website at https://www.choicedermatology.com/acne.html
Need Skin Treatment? Give Us a Call
Don’t let acne ruin your self-esteem and self-confidence! Call the dermatologists here at Choice Dermatology in Elizabeth and Basking Ridge, NJ, today by dialing (908) 355-0112 for the Elizabeth location, or (908) 766-7546 for the Basking Ridge office.