How Botox Can Rejuvenate Your Skin
posted: Mar. 05, 2020.
Fine lines and wrinkles don't have to affect your appearance. Botox treatment offered by your Basking Ridge and Elizabeth, NJ, dermatologist, Dr. Marc Meulener of Choice Dermatology, offers a simple, effective way to minimize these visible signs of aging.
Botox renews your appearance
Have you ever noticed that certain lines and wrinkles become more prominent when you laugh, smile, squint or make other facial expressions? Although the lines quickly disappear as soon as you stop making the expression when you're young, they tend to become permanent as you grow older.
Thanks to Botox injections, it's possible to smooth these fine lines and wrinkles without surgery. Using an FDA approved form of the botulinum toxin, this treatment prevents your muscles from contracting when you make facial expressions. As a result, the skin on top of the muscles relaxes, causing wrinkles and lines to become much less noticeable. Botox results usually last three to six months. Fortunately, it's easy to maintain your results by scheduling regular follow-up treatments.
Your Elizabeth and Basking Ridge skin doctor may recommend Botox if:
- The Lines Between Your Eyes Make You Look Tired, Sad, or Angry: Do have one or more vertical lines between your eyebrows? Botox is often used to smooth these "11" lines and help you look more rested.
- You Have Furrows in Your Forehead: Botox also offers an excellent way to treat horizontal lines that tend to form on the forehead.
- You Wish You Could Get Rid of Your Crow's Feet: Crow's feet, the network of fine lines that radiate from the outside edges of your eyes, can also be minimized with Botox.
- Lip Lines Make Wearing Lipstick Difficult: Bleeding lipstick may be a problem if your lips are surrounded by fine lines. Botox injections smooth these lines, eliminating the issue.
- You Have Creases in Your Chin: Chin creases form after years of flexing your chin muscles and are another annoying sign of aging. Injecting a small amount of Botox in the creases offers a simple solution.
Interested? Give us a call
Smooth your fine lines and wrinkles with Botox. Schedule an appointment with Dr. Meulener of Choice Dermatology by calling (908) 355-0112 for the Elizabeth, NJ, office, or (908) 766-7546 for the Basking Ridge, NJ, office.